EDR grievance procedure and conflict management training AND classroom course registration available on-line!!!
Instructions for taking Online EDR Training through the Knowledge Center
You must first be registered in the Commonwealth's Knowledge Center. If you have questions about first registering in the Knowledge Center, please see instructions at the bottom of this page!
To take an EDR Online Training Course:
- Go to https://covkc.virginia.gov
- Type in the username and password you chose when you registered
- Click on the "Learning Center"
- Click on "Course Information & Enrollment"
- Type in the keyword (see below) and click on "Search"
- Click on the course you wish to take
- Make sure the "take course for credit box is checked, then click on "Take Course"
- Verify again the course you wish to take by clicking on it
- After the course is loaded follow the instructions carefully
Available Online Courses:
Understanding and Using the Grievance Procedure| Keyword is "Grievance"
Learn the fundamentals of using the grievance procedure to resolve workplace disputes. Participants will learn about the roles and responsibilities of the grievant, management respondents, agency head, the Department of Employment Dispute Resolution, hearing officers, and the courts in resolving grievances. 1.5 hours. MVP required course.
Who should take this course: state employees, supervisors, managers, and human resource staff. NOTE: All supervisors and managers are statutorily mandated to be trained on the grievance procedure.
MVP - Conflict Management | Keyword is "Conflict"
This course will help supervisors prevent conflict situations by using good communication and management skills, and will help supervisors know how to handle conflict situations should they occur in the workplace. All three modules (Conflict Management Concepts, Conflict Management Process, and Conflict Management Application) must be completed for full credit. 1.5 hours. MVP required course.
Who should take this course: state employees, supervisors, managers, and human resource staff. NOTE: All supervisors and managers are statutorily mandated to be trained in conflict management.
Workplace Dispute Resolution Services Overview | Keyword is "EDR Overview"
This program provides an overview of the workplace dispute resolution tools provided by the Department of Employment Dispute Resolution (EDR). Section 2.2-3000(B) of the Code of Virginia requires agencies in the Executive Branch to promote the services of EDR. This program is meant to help agencies familiarize employees with EDR and its services.
Who should take this course: All state employees.
Instructions on how to register in the Knowledge Center
Before you register, please have your IT support staff make https://covkc.virginia.gov a trusted site!!!
While in Internet Explorer please go to tools ->Internet Options -> Security Tab ->Custom Level ->Downloads ->select "Enable for Automatic prompting for file downloads" ->click on apply, then okay
The Department of Human Resource Management is the keeper of The Commonwealth of Virginia Knowledge Center, Learning Management System, which is intended to be used by Virginia state employees only or other Virginia authorized public agencies.
If you are a Virginia state employee please follow these steps:
- Go to https://covkc.virginia.gov
- Fill in all the required fields to insure you receive proper credit for the course before you submit. NOTE: make sure your First name, Last name and Birth date are as they appear in the state personnel files.
- You will be prompted to pick your own username and password. Please remember this as you will need to log on to take any courses through the LMS system.
If you are unsuccessful or not a state employee please contact your human resource office to clarify your employment status, or contact CoVA Knowledge Center Administrator at email: email@example.com